The Institute of African Studies (IAS) at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies welcomes submissions of manuscripts of theoretical, analytical or empirical works in the fields of humanities, social sciences and development studies to publish in its journal Asian Journal of African Studies. Specific studies could range from African politics, economics, history, culture, language, and literature to the fields of international relations and international development cooperation.
Renamed in 2016, Asian Journal of African Studies is a peer review journal published twice a year, in February and in August. Manuscript can be submitted year-round in English. The deadline for submitting manuscripts for the February edition is December 30th and for the August edition is June 30th.
The editorial policies for submission of manuscripts to Asian Journal of African Studies are as follows:
(1) Manuscripts, not exceeding 11,000 words in length, must be typed with MS Word or Hangeul.
(2) A title page includes the author’s name, current position, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address and description of scholarly backgrounds.
(3) An abstract should be submitted within 150-200 words and with keywords.
(4) Footnotes are to be numbered consecutively and placed where appropriate throughout the text.
(5) The bibliography should be typed in an order: author’s surname, author’s given name, year, title in italic, place of publication and publisher. e.g.) Bell, D. 1981. The Coming of Industrial Society. London: Basic Books.
(6) Manuscripts submitted for publication should be e-mailed to: email@example.com
(7) All manuscripts submitted will be reviewed by the editorial board before publication.
All inquiries should be addressed to:
The editorial board of Asian Journal of African Studies
Institute of African Studies, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
81, Oedae-ro, Mohyeon-myon, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea (Postal Code 17035)
Tel: +82-31-330-4853; Fax: +82-31-330-4865