The Institute of African Studies (IAS) at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS) welcomes submissions of manuscripts of theoretical, analytical, or empirical works in the fields of humanities, social sciences, and development studies to publish with its Asian Journal of African Studies (AJAS). Specific areas of the studies could range from African history, languages and literature, politics, economics, culture, and anthropology.
AJAS is a peer review journal published in English twice a year, in February and August. Manuscript can be submitted year-round. The deadline for the February issue is December 31st and for the August issue is June 30th.
The editorial policies for submission of manuscripts to AJAS are as follows:
(1) Manuscripts, not exceeding 11,000 words, are accepted.
(2) Manuscripts must be typed and sent as a MS Word file.
(3) A title paper includes the author’s name, current position, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, and a short biography.
(4) An abstract in a paragraph of 150-200 words should be included in a manuscript.
(5) Four to five keywords should be provided.
(6) Reference style based on the author guideline is only accepted.
(7) Manuscripts wanted to be considered for publication with AJAS should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
(8) All manuscripts submitted will be first reviewed by the editorial board before being sent out to external reviewers.
All inquiries should be addressed to:
The editorial board of Asian Journal of African Studies
Institute of African Studies, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
81, Oedae-ro, Mohyeon-myon, Cheoin-gu, Yongin-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea (Postal Code 17035)
Tel: +82-31-330-4853; Fax: +82-31-330-4865